Monday, July 21, 2008

Life lessons

Of course it was never going to be that simple -- coming home and NOT crying. As Gloria would say, I'm one of those people who "has lots of feelings", and I was never going to be cool enough for a graceful transition into "just friends".

I appreciate that he's trying, but I hate him for making it seem so easy.

He told me before he left the first time that he'd end it if things got too hard. I should have ended it then, as that is clearly the wrong attitude for a successful long-term, not to mention partially long-distance, relationship. Instead, I cried.

In his arms.

I am SUCH A GIRL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't cry in his arms, all night, after he dumped you so he could cat around Europe and also fly his engaged (to someone else) ex-girlfriend in - being under the impression that he was just "so kind." And then take him back.

glo