Friday, July 25, 2008

Stalker-ish or Southern?

Today I debated the relative creepiness of adding random other internationals who seem interesting as my facebook friends. I haven't done it yet, added people with whom I have no real world contact. The trouble is it seems 1 part pathetically friendly and 1 part webstalking...in the absolute best case scenario. I suppose I have to grow a pair and track down the crazy expat parties instead.

Making web friends does seem far easier, though, not to mention incurring far less transportation cost.

Care to weigh in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you've had some decent, prolonged communcation, whether it be in real life or online, I say it's ok. But then again I don't use the Facebook.

Mike said...

Are you friending them or are they friending you? Either way, I don't see the harm and I think the sketchiness quotient is pretty low. I do it. You never know, you might meet someone cool. And really, facebook is pretty high-control so there's a limit to the worst that could happen.

So, does it mean the same thing for a woman to "grow a pair" as for a guy? And if so, certainly feminism needs to make some progress here, hmmm? :^)